On successful completion of the course learners will achieve certification as a Modified Strongman Instructor - Level 1, qualified to teach MST classes.
Modified Strongman Instructors are trained to deliver positive body transformations, provide support for athletic based training and enjoy increased class revenue earning potential.
- Understand the main uses for Modified Strongman Training in fat loss, athletic conditioning and rehabilitation.
- Learn advanced MST exercises using equipment like sleds, prowlers, farmers carry, kegs, logs, sledge hammers and tyres.
- Learn how to apply MST when designing a class programme.
- Gain knowledge of movement patterns and cues and use in practical training situations.
- Learn how to use language to begin, support and motivate your class.
- Understand the features and benefits of Modified Strongman Training for athletes, fat loss and rehabilitation.
- How to use Modified Strongman equipment such as the sled, prowler and tyre.
- Ability to programme MST classes.
- Communication skills when delivering a MST class.
This is an e-learning course allowing learners to study at their own pace, on any device, anywhere in the world. For the course curriculum scroll down this page.
All learners on the Modified Strongman Instructor course are supported with:
- A comprehensive PDF course manual to download or view in the online learning environment.
- Detailed text, photo and video e-learning content.
- Test Your Knowledge quizzes at the end of each section.
- Sample MST lesson plans.
- Online tutor and community support.
- Option to attend a Practical Training day.
We recommend a minimum 2 weeks or 20 hours study time - plus optional Practical Training day.
As this course is endorsed by EMD UK if you are a UK citizen you could get up to £125 towards the course fee from their Open Bursary scheme. To get the funding you MUST first apply for it through EMD UK, and then enrol in this course.
For more information, to check if you qualify and apply for funding support - click here.
There are no prior qualifications required to enrol in this course. Learners must be aged 16 years old and above.
To successfully complete this course learners must:
- Programme and submit a Modified Strongman Training class plan
- Submit video evidence that shows competency instructing others to safely execute exercises using core apparatus - sled, prowler, farmers walk, tire and sledgehammer.
On successful completion of this course learners are entitled to;
- Teach Modified Strongman Training classes*
- Enrol in Level 2 Certificate - Modified Strongman Instructor
*Public liability insurance and First Aid certification are essential extras for any fitness instructor. Some venues may require you hold a Gym Instructor - Level 2 certification and have a DBS criminal record in addition.
Coaches certified by the Strongman Academy UK benefit from discounted Public Liability insurance through our partners, BGI UK. To claim the discount coaches must select ‘Strongman’ from the list of activities on the BGI UK website or inform them of your Strongman certification when applying.
Get started now!
One the UK's foremost fitness coaches and Modified Strongman Instructors, Liz Barker built on the success of her two London gyms, London’s City Strongman and The Foundry, by co-founding the Strongman Academy UK in 2019.
Liz has 17 years of extensive industry experience delivering more than 10,000 hours as a personal trainer and strength coach in a number of world class gyms and is a firm believer in the remarkable benefits of MST.
Whether your goals are to improve your sporting performance, at any level, get the physique you have always wanted, or recover from injury quickly, according to Liz, “modified strongman training will hands down deliver the results you want with plenty of fun thrown in for good measure”.