Total Boxer® Boxing Basics
The Total Boxer® Boxing Basics course is for beginners who want to learn the essential boxing basics, or class instructors or personal trainers who want real boxing knowledge.
Created by Total Boxer® founder and England Boxing 'Champion's Coach', Matt Garcia, this course uses techniques he has used to guide 1000s of boxing beginners and fitness enthusiasts for more than 20 years.
Whether you want to learn real boxing skills or improve your boxing knowledge as a fitness coach this course will give you the perfect start.
- Learn the boxing basics, including stance, punches, defence and movement
- Understanding boxing training theory and best practices
- Build your boxing training confidence
- Continue your boxing training safely
- Progress to a coaching qualification
Benefits of this Course
This officially endorsed course, developed with years of collective coaching knowledge and experience, means you will be able to train, and potentially teach, safely and effectively in one of the most fun, challenging and increasingly popular training systems available today.
- Study and practice at your own pace anywhere in the world
- Access the course on any device or platform
- Unlimited lifetime access to all training material
- Strong boxing training foundation and career prospects
- Acceptable as proof of boxing basics knowledge for the HIIB® Coaching course
With guidance from Matt over a series of videos you will learn essential basic boxing skills - something we call the TechCheck™. You will discover and practise how to stand, move, defend with head movement, hands and footwork and, of course, throw punches from singles to combinations.
Using clear, easy to follow instructions, you can follow Matt in the comfort of your own home or at the gym, by yourself or with a partner. No equipment is required and there is no contact or physical impact.
The supporting comprehensive PDF course manuals contains detailed text, photos and diagrams to help build your understanding and be used as a reference throughout your boxing journey.
You will also learn about boxing history, boxing rules, common boxing errors and how to correct them, combination punching drills, shadow boxing drills, the importance of nutrition, breathing technique and more.
- Boxing Knowledge: History, Rules and more
- Boxing Skills: Stance
- Boxing Skills: Punches
- Boxing Skills: Defence
- Boxing Skills: Footwork
- The TechCheck™
- Boxing Training Essentials: Workout, Equipment and more
- Boxer Essentials: Nutrition, Breathing and more
- Test Your Knowledge quiz after each section
On completion of the course you you have the perfect foundation to continue on to the training phase of your boxing journey. You will be able to explain and demonstrate the TechCheck™ - fundamental boxing techniques including the ability to stand, move, punch and defend as a boxer with head movement, hands and footwork.
Study & Practice
This course can be studied entirely online. We recommend taking your time to study the manual, practice each discipline and being patient in your development to allow for self-reflection and improvement.
Recommended study and practice time - 20 hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning the essential skills required to train and potentially teach boxing. Great for beginners to boxing or fitness coaches and personal trainers who would benefit from learning the foundations of boxing.
Study Anywhere. Anytime. At your own pace - forever.
Whatever device you use, wherever you are in the world and however long it takes, you get lifetime access to all materials. This means you can study and practice at your own pace and reference the content at any time throughout your boxing journey.
This course is endorsed by EMD UK - The National Governing Body for Group Exercise.
To pass this course and receive the Boxing Basics Course certificate you need to complete two assessment tasks;
- Perform a Self TechCheck
- Coach a TechCheck
All the instruction and guidance for passing the assessment is contained in the training manual.
- Continue your boxing training journey, safe in the knowledge you have received an outstanding education by one of the most experienced and renowned boxing clubs in the world, giving you a well-earned and solid understanding of essential boxing fundamentals.
- Continue your education and pursue a career in boxing instruction by enroling in endorsed Total Boxer® Academy coaching programmes including HIIB® and BoxingYoga™.